Friday, March 6, 2009

Antique Ceramic Bowls


A woman I know has a fine collection of bowls that were her grandmother's. I was admiring them one day, and asked if I could borrow some to use in paintings. I selected three. I took them to my studio, set them up, moved them around, added other props, and started painting. The first one turned out beautifully, so I tried another. Then another. Then, how about one in oil rather than my usual pastel? Soon I had a collection of very nice paintings. I took them up to Ely to show the grandma and her family. They all really enjoyed the paintings. I am now able to share them with every one! The paintings will be in an exhibit :

Gramma's Bowls
Just for the Season Gallery
Holiday Center Downtown Duluth

March 24- April 25

Artist Reception 
Thursday March 26
5-7 pm.

No comments: