Monday, June 15, 2009

Paint Out at the Covered Bridge


Zumbrota, Minnesota is home of the last remaining covered bridge in the state. A yearly festival is held in the park and at the bridge. This year the wonderful and amazing Crossings Gallery (http://www.crossingsatcarnegie.com) sponsored a "Quick Draw" at the bridge on Saturday. 

I was fortunate to have the opportunity to join the paint out. It was my first plein air competition. Painters had from 5-7PM to start and complete a painting!  And then frame it to display and to be viewed by the judge and festival attendees! Could I do it? Yes!!!! I did! 

I was pleased with the resulting painting, I was able to meet painters from around the area, and was able to appreciate the variety of media and styles the finished paintings were created with. 

No comments: