Friday, April 1, 2011

Creating a New Painting from an Old Painting



Painting in New Mexico with painting friends was a wonderful experience. Along with great memories I also came home with paintings I created there. Something about my Santa Fe Sky piece just didn't work. I've had it a few years now, and have now decided what to do - turn it into a more local painting! The clouds needed only a slight tweaking: softening edges, adjusting values. The mountain and scrub shrubs had to go, though. And what should be seen in the distance from the overlook? Lakes, of course! How many times have I come across a scene such as this while canoeing or hiking?! It is a memory of summer, now called Summer Skies - Lake Country, the newest addition to my Summer Skies series. 10 in x 8 in, pastel.

No comments: