Saturday, January 2, 2010

Painting Competitions












Entering paintings into competitions and exhibits is a step in developing an art career. I have been entering and accepted for some years now, starting locally and expanding internationally. It is exciting to be accepted and to see your work exhibited with all the other beautiful paintings. And it's even better to win awards! It's always interesting to see which paintings win which awards and what the judge of that show considered worthy. It is not always obvious, but always a learning experience.

The latest competition I've been accepted into is outside of my usual venues: The Center for the Visual Arts in Wausau is sponsoring "Midwest Seasons". One of my favorite paintings will be exhibited there. Please visit if you are able! I plan on being at the reception on January 22, 5-7, then painting in the area on the following day.

No comments: