Monday, March 4, 2013

Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra (DSSO) Celebration Project


"Over the Lake" was a refrain during one of the first songs performed during the New Year's Eve Concert with the DSSO. My first painting for the Music Conductor Artistic Expression Celebration Project was inspired by that music and refrain. When I finished the painting, I felt like I needed to do another....and then....another. 

These were to be in pastel. I keep an assortment of pastels at my easel. I have hundreds in my main inventory, but to keep color harmony under control, I use a limited selection chosen for the particular painting. 



Each painting begins with a rough-in. Sometimes the rough-in resembles the finished piece, and sometimes it doesn't. Here I used the undertones of the sky and water first, so they would glow through in the finished paintings. 












I could do more, but I there were other songs to be inspired by!



No comments: